Advertiser Disclosure: At Slickdeals, we work hard to find the best deals. Some products in our articles are from partners who may provide us with compensation, but this doesn’t change our opinions. Our editors strive to ensure that the information in this article is accurate as of the date published, but please keep in mind that offers can change. We encourage you to verify all terms and conditions of any product before you apply.Reading Time: 8 minutes
Amazon has recently announced that it will accept Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) cards as a payment method for select FSA-eligible products, and you may be pleasantly surprised what you can purchase with these funds. At the Amazon FSA store, you’re not limited to cold medication or thermometers. You can actually take advantage of your use-it-or-lose-it funds on a wide range of health-related products.
As we near the end of the year, check to see if you have a surplus in your flex spending or HSA account and stock up on health and wellness items that you may need in the upcoming year. We’ve rounded up some of the best Amazon FSA-eligible products that you can spend your funds on before they expire and ahead of open enrollment season.
Surprising FSA & HSA Eligible Products at Amazon
1. Day and Night Cold, Flu, Sinus Relief
Colder weather is approaching, which means that cold and flu season is around the corner. Make sure you have enough medication for the children and adults in your family when seasonal illness infiltrates your household. Luckily, FSA and HSA accounts can cover the cost of such medications, including popular day and night cold medication from Mucinex on Amazon:
- Mucinex Fast-Max Day Time Cold & Flu and Night Time Cold & Flu Liquid Medicine
Sale Price: $15.14 | Regular Price: $21.48
- Mucinex FreeFrom Cold & Flu Daytime and Nighttime Multi-Symptom Relief
Sale Price: $17.17 | Regular Price: $24.99
- Maximum Strength Mucinex Sinus-Max and Nightshift Liquid Combo Pack
Sale Price: $17.99 | Regular Price: $19.99
- Mucinex Children’s FreeFrom Multi-Symptom Cold Liquid Medicine Value Pack
Sale Price: $14.00 | Regular Price: $16.20
Preventive care is an important part of our health. Many are surprised to learn that contraceptives can be covered by flex spending accounts. You can purchase Durex, which is the leading contraceptive brand, on Amazon using your FSA and HSA funds. Amazon offers value packs so you can get the best “bang for your buck” as well as choose from an assortment of options:
- Durex Performax Intense Natural Rubber Latex Condoms (24 Count)
Sale Price: $11.86 | Regular Price: $14.97
- Durex Air Condoms, Extra Thin, Transparent Natural Rubber Latex Condoms (36 Count)
Regular Price: $19.49
- Durex Real Feel Non-Latex Polyisoprene Condoms (36 Count)
Regular Price: $19.99
- Durex Extra Sensitive & Extra Lubricated Natural Latex Condoms (2 Pack of 24 Count)
Regular Price: $18.99
If you suffer from acne, light therapy devices that are used to treat skin inflammation are eligible for FSA or HSA. While you’re at it, grab some lip balm, face wash, lotion and sunscreen to go with the rest of your skincare regimen.
Here are just a few examples:
- Blistex Medicated Lip Balm, 0.15 Ounce (Pack of 3) – Sale Price: $2.84 | Reg. Price: $7
- Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Face Wash – Sale Price: $7.99 | Reg. Price: $8.78
- Aquaphor Healing Ointment – Sale Price: $13.74 | Reg. Price: $18.99
- Alba Botanica Sunscreen Spray with Coconut Oil, SPF 50 – Sale Price: $9.48 | Reg. Price: $13.99
- Mighty Patch Hydrocolloid Acne Pimple Patches (36 piece) – Regular Price: $12.99
Humidifiers are another unexpected but welcome item that is covered as an FSA-eligible product. Pick up a 2-in-1 humidifier/diffuser to comfort your sinuses, improve your air quality and eliminate odors. Add in a few drops of your favorite essential oils to help you sleep better and improve your mood.
5. Contact Lens Care & Reading Glasses
Buying contact lens solution every few months can add up. But you will be pleased to know that you can pay for over-the-counter contact lens solutions using your FSA and HSA accounts.
6. Kids’ Allergy, Cold & Flu Items
Keep your little ones germ-free and comfortable during the flu season with several cold, allergy and flu essentials. Stock up on bundled sets of saline wipes and children’s cold or allergy medicine, because you’ll most likely need them.
7. Support Pillows & Baby Monitors
Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow – Price: $129.97
If you’re looking for some extra support for your neck and back, select support mattresses and pillows on Amazon are eligible for FSA spending. You can find these under the “bed & mattress” section of the FSA/HSA store. Check out this “baby movement monitor” and more unexpected items that are covered as well.
8. Family Planning: Pregnancy Tests & Ovulation Strips
Find out if you’re expecting — and have it covered using FSA and HSA funds. You can find eligible pregnancy tests from Clearblue and First Response, as well as ovulation test strips for those who are looking to growing their family.
9. Prenatal Vitamins & Gummies
Select multivitamins are eligible as FSA and HSA expenses, including popular gummy varieties.
10. Baby Essentials & Must-Haves for New Mothers
New mothers will be pleased to learn that many baby essentials like breast pumps, baby bottles and postpartum girdles can be purchased using FSA and HSA funds. Being a new parent is expensive, so this is a great opportunity to save big on a variety of must-haves, including popular but pricey safety devices like the Owlet Smart Sock.
Here are just some of the baby items up for grabs:
- Goodnites Bedwetting Underwear for Boys – Sale Price: $26.47 | Reg. Price: $28.79
- Goodnites Bedwetting Underwear for Girls – Sale Price: $26.49 | Reg. Price: $28.79
- Little Remedies Gas Relief Drops – Sale Price: $7.28 | Reg. Price: $8.49
- FridaBaby NoseFrida The Snotsucker – Sale Price: $18.01 | Reg. Price: $20
- Desitin Daily Defense Baby Diaper Rash Cream w/ Zinc – Sale Price: $5.57 | Reg. Price: $6.29
- Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream – Sale Price: $11.92 | Reg. Price: $15.29
11. First Aid Kits
It’s always a good idea to have a stockpile of Band-Aids, and you’ll be glad you did when you find yourself needing them. Thankfully, bandages are FSA-eligible purchases, so replenish your stash or spend your funds on first aid kits for emergencies. Many first aid kits come with face masks, alcohol pads and cold packs.
12. Alcohol Wipes
You can never be too careful when it comes to sanitation, especially during a pandemic. Grab a pack of alcohol cleansing wipes and pads to keep your surfaces sterilized, as many on Amazon are HSA- and FSA-eligible.
13. Home Health Monitors
Even though we are more than a year into the pandemic, some people are still advised to check their temperature before going to work or entering certain public spaces. Fortunately, select digital thermometers along with blood pressure cuffs, fingertip pulse oximeters, sleep trackers and even bathroom scales on Amazon are HSA/FSA eligible. Check out Amazon’s store for other helpful eligible gadgets that can be used to monitor your health at home.
14. Orthotics & Foot Massagers
Foot massagers and everyday orthotics like Dr. Scholl’s inserts are FSA/HSA eligible expenses. If you are on your feet all day, explore Amazon’s FSA store to find a variety of products that can help alleviate foot and leg fatigue.
15. Feminine Care
Feminine care products are actually FSA/HSA eligible, including tampons, panty liners and vaginal cream. Shop best-selling brands like Always, Tampax, Cora, U by Kotex, Playtex and more.
16. Keto Test Strips
Perfect Keto Test Strips – $7.95
We found keto test strips in Amazon’s FSA store to help you keep track of your carb intake for your fitness goals. Keto test strips are a great way to measure your ketones and stay in ketosis.
17. Heating Pads
Sunbeam Heating Pad for Fast Pain Relief – Sale Price: $38.99
Heating pads can provide instant relief from muscle tension and pain. Select heating pads from brands like Sunbeam are FSA and HSA eligible.
18. Dental Care Supplies (Even Whitening Strips)
Crest 3D White Professional Effects Teeth Whitening Kit – Sale Price: $36.99 | Reg. Price: $47.99
Over-the-counter whitening strips can get pricey, but these are actually FSA/HSA eligible. Amazon’s FSA store also has a large collection of other dental care items, such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouthwash, floss and picks, denture care essentials and teeth grinding guards.
19. Select Stuffed Animals
Okay, not all stuffed animals can be purchased with FSA/HSA funds. But this adorable cuddly stuffed rabbit doubles as a cold ice pack or a warm compress, which means that it qualifies as an FSA/HSA expense because of its health benefits.
How to Save No Matter When or Where You Shop
Navigate multiple sales at once by setting Deal Alerts on Slickdeals for items you want and need. While you’re at it, check our coupon pages for current promo codes for your favorite stores.
You can also download the Slickdeals browser extension to help save you money when you shop online. It auto applies coupon codes before you check out and can also show you any active deals our community of over 12 million active deal hunters has found as you visit any of the hundreds of supported stores.
- Where to Find AirPods Pro on Sale
- The Best Disney+ Subscription Deals
- Current Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Deals
Images courtesy of Amazon.