If you haven’t been taking advantage of Macy’s Money benefits, you’ve been missing out on some solid value. Join the nearly 30 million people who have become members of the Macy’s reward program and get tapped into the benefits of Macy’s Money
These reward cards (which are basically free money) can be earned during select sales, and then spent during specific times. We’ve broken down all the details so you can get the most out of these perks. Here’s to enjoying the extra savings without all of the confusion!
What Is Macy’s Money and How Do I Earn It?Similar to Kohl’s Cash, Macy’s shoppers can earn $10 in Macy’s Money reward cards for every $50 they spend (up to $40 in rewards in one transaction). However, you can only earn Macy’s Money during select shopping events throughout the year.
- Spend: $50 – $99.99; Get: $10
- Spend: $100 – $149.99; Get: $20
- Spend: $150 – $199.99; Get: $30
- Spend: $200 or more; Get: $40
Shoppers can earn Macy’s Money on almost any purchase during the promotion, and then come back at a later date to redeem the rewards. Just note that if you return items you purchased to accumulate Macy’s Money, you’ll void or reduce your reward card value.
When Is the Macy’s Money Earning Period?
You can only earn Macy’s Money during the Macy’s Money Event. The date for the 2022 Macy’s Money Event has not been announced yet, but last year you can earn rewards from December 9th through December 16th.
When Can I Redeem Macy’s Money Rewards?
Macy’s Money earned in-store expires when your local Macy’s store closes for the night on the last day of redemption. The 2022 redemption period has not been announced yet, but last year it was between December 17th to December 24th.
Where Do I Find My Macy’s Money Rewards?
Receiving Macy’s Money from online purchases is a little different from in-store purchases in several ways:
- If you place an online Macy’s.com purchase, you will receive a confirmation email with your Macy’s Money Reward cards, which will be added automatically to your Macys.com Wallet.
- Note: These reward cards can be printed for in-store use
- You can have up to 20 Macy’s Money reward cards stored in your wallet at a time.
- You must begin redeeming them (up to 5 rewards per order) in order to have additional rewards populate in their wallet.
- If you make a purchase in a Macy’s store, you will be given your Rewards Card at the time of your purchase.
What Can I Redeem Macy’s Money On?Macy’s Money can be redeemed on almost anything in-store or online for a set time after the initial earning period. The redemption dates vary for each promotion but will always be clearly listed on the reward card.
Some more perks: of Macy’s Money Rewards:
- Macy’s Money can be used on products and brands that are often excluded from promo codes
- You can stack Macy’s Money with coupons and sales
- You can redeem up to five Macy’s Money reward cards on a single order
- The only things you cannot redeem Macy’s Money for are cash, credit card payments or gift cards
Looking for some ideas to put your Macy’s Money to good use? Here are some options that are often excluded from promo codes:
- Tzumi Fusion Clean Stick Vacuum
- KitchenAid Artisan 5 Qt. Stand Mixer
- Coach Tabby Leather Shoulder Bag
- North Face Women’s Arctic Hoodie
What Are the Macy’s Money Earning Exclusions?
Surprisingly, there are not many exclusions when it comes to earning Macy’s Money. You can earn it on almost any brand, and even cosmetics and perfume. With that said, there are a few ineligible purchases. These include:
- Backorders (online)
- Buy Online, Pick-up In-store orders
- Fine Jewelry pre-sale (in-store)
- Gift Cards
- iShop Orders
- Leased Departments
- Apple products
- Beauty box subscriptions
Where Can I Check My Macy’s Money Rewards Balance?
To check your Macy’s Money balance, call 1-800-289-6229 or ask an in-store Sales Associate. You’ll receive your Macy’s Money benefits as soon as you check out if you’re shopping in-store.
If you shop online through your Macy’s account, your rewards will be added to your “My Wallet” section.
If you check out online as a guest, you’ll receive an email prompting you to sign in or create an account to access your rewards. Still can’t see your Macy’s Money balance? Wait a few days and then check again, as your rewards will not be available until your eligible order ships.
Are Macy’s Money and Star Rewards the Same Thing?Macy’s Money rewards and Macy’s Star Rewards are two different programs. In order to enjoy Macy’s Money benefits, you just need to shop during Macy’s Money promotional shopping days.
Macy’s Star Rewards can be earned during Star Money Days, if you’re a free Bronze member or Macy’s Cardholder. Points are earned per dollar spent and 1,000 points = $10 Star Money. Star Money can be used immediately after earning it and is valid for 30 days after earning it.