Nordstrom is the shopping destination for fashionistas who love designer brands, and the retailer’s Nordy Club rewards program helps loyal customers stretch their dollars further.
We’re sharing an overview of how it works — and whom it benefits most.
What is the Nordy Club?The Nordy Club is the Nordstrom rewards program that began in 2018. This rewards program offers members exclusive first access to clothing inventory, as well as exclusive services, such as no-cost alterations and the ability to earn Nordy Notes (we’ll get to more about that later).
Who Should Join the Nordy Club?
The Nordy Club offers excellent perks for its members. If any one of these describe you, you should seriously consider becoming a Nordy Club Member:
- You are a frequent Nordstrom shopper: If you are a loyal Nordstrom customer, including Nordstrom Rack and Trunkclub, you will find the most value from being a Nordy Club Member due to the extra savings you can unlock just for shopping at your favorite stores.
- You need alterations often: The Nordy Club is a great way for petite or tall shoppers to get basic alterations at no cost. If you frequently require alterations to clothing, the program is basically a no-brainer.
- You love designer clothing and accessories: If you spend a considerable amount on designer clothing and accessories each year, the program can help you save some cash along the way.
How Do You Join Nordy Club?
Anyone who is eighteen years old and provides valid and accurate personal information when joining can be a member of the Nordy Club! You can join online or in stores. If you are applying in-stores, you can just ask any salesperson to help you get started.
What Are the Nordy Club Membership Levels?
The amount of money you spend at Nordstrom will determine your status level. Here is the breakdown of what you need to spend to reach each tier:
- Member: $0–$499
- Influencer: $500+
- Ambassador: $5,000+
- Icon: $15,000+ using a Nordstrom credit card
The higher your status, the more perks you’ll enjoy, including early access to special sales, no-cost alteration services and Nordstrom Note discounts.
What Are the Perks at Each Membership Level?
All Nordy Club members receive the following perks:
- Free basic alterations
- First dibs to shop Clear the Rack
- First to shop Select Brands
- Invitation to beauty and lifestyle workshops
- Access to bonus point events
From there, the rewards increase depending on your membership level:
Once you go from Member to Influencer, you can unlock additional perks, such as:
- Nordy Club exclusive promotions
- 3 Personal Double Points Days
- Priority access to style events
Moving from Influencer to Ambassador status gives you:
- 4 Personal Double Points Days
- VIP extras at Nordstrom fashion events
- Nordstrom to You (In-Home Stylist)
- Invite-only events
- Priority access to workshops, parties and style events
Icon Status (Nordstrom Card Holder) Exclusives
If you move from Ambassador to Icon status and spend using a Nordstrom card, you can unlock additional rewards and benefits such as:
- 5 Personal Double Points Days
- Cardmember early access to Anniversary Sale
- Nordstrom Trunk Club styling $25 fee waived
- Free two-day shipping
- Icon customer care
- Nordstrom after-hours shopping
- Spa or dining experiences
- Unlimited alterations on full-priced merchandise purchased with Nordstrom credit card
Types of MembershipsThere are two types of members in The Nordy Club:
- Nordstrom Cardholder: Those who have a Nordstrom credit or debit card
- Non-Cardholder: Those without a Nordstrom credit or debit card.
One should never sign up for a new credit card without some serious research. However, the store offers a $40 bonus Note to new cardholders when they make any purchase at Nordstrom, Nordstrom.com or Nordstrom Rack using their new card the day they’re approved.
How Do I Earn Points?The type of membership you have determines how many points you will earn per dollar spent.
- Members (Non-Cardholder): 1 point per $1 spent at any Nordstrom location
- Influencer Cardholder: Up to 2 points per $1 spent at any Nordstrom location.
- Ambassador and Icon Card Holder: Up to 3 points per $1 spent at any Nordstrom location.
Check Out the Nordy Club Points Breakdown
The best rewards ultimately belong to Nordy Club cardmembers. In addition to insider membership perks, cardholders enjoy early access to the store’s Anniversary Sale in July and earn Nordstrom Notes at a much faster rate.
What are Nordstrom Notes?The points you earn are turned into Nordstrom Notes, which is the currency that can be redeemed towards purchases of qualifying items in stores or online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Nordstrom Local and Nordstrom Trunk Club. You can start redeeming points once you reach 1,000 points, which is equivalent to a $10 Note. These Notes can easily be applied during checkout online or in-store at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Nordstrom Local and the Nordstrom Trunk club.
Pro tip: If you download Nordstrom’s app, you can unlock notes in $5, $10, $15 or $20, rather than just waiting for the $10 note to be deposited into your Nordstrom account at 1,000 points.
From time to time, Nordstrom will offer promotional opportunities for Members to earn more than one point per $1 spent. For example, in the past, they have offered bonus points events where, for a limited time, members could earn 5 points per $1 net spend on qualifying items.
Do My Nordstrom Notes Expire?
All points will expire after your Nordy Club account has had no activity for twelve consecutive months.
How Do I Check My Nordy Club Balance?
You have five options when it comes to checking your balance:
- Sign in to your Nordy Club account at Nordstrom.com
- Call them at 1-888-282-6060
- Ask any salesperson whenever you visit our stores
- Sign in to your Nordstrom credit card account online
- Download and log into your Nordstrom app
Pros and Cons of Becoming a Nordy Member
It’s time to weigh the pros and cons of becoming a Nordy Member.
- Easy to join
- Earning points for every dollar spent
- You can enjoy many other benefits such as in-home styling, free alterations and access to exclusive events.
- Even if you aren’t a cardmember, from time to time you may receive some special deals. For example, you might see something like a $15 bonus Note when you spend $50+ in stores or online at Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack
- Points expire after a year of inactivity
- You need a Nordstrom credit card to rack up more points. Without a Nordstrom credit card, it can take a long time to gain points
Is Being a Member of the Nordy Club Worth It?
The short answer: Yes. If you’re someone who frequents Nordstrom or any of their stores, it only makes sense to gain points while you buy items you would’ve bought anyway. In addition to this, you can get some pretty sweet benefits that normal shoppers do not have access to – cardmember or not.