If your wallet wasn’t already hurting from the deluge of games announced at the latest Nintendo Direct, this Target Circle offer ought to seal the deal. Right now, select Target Circle members can save 40% on video games — if you are one of the chosen few eligible for the deal. Target’s 40% off video game promotion runs through October 2nd, so act fast if you want to save up to $30 on your next video game purchase.
Games from pretty much every major console qualify for the discount — great news for anyone who owns a Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. According to the promotion details, this Circle offer excludes first-party Sony games, digital downloads, new releases and pre-orders. While you shouldn’t expect any lucky exceptions, multiple Slickdealers have successfully gotten the discount pre-ordering Halo Infinite and Horizon Forbidden West (which is even a first-party Sony game).
How to Find Out if You’ve Been SelectedLike most targeted Circle offers, there’s no rhyme or reason to how Target determines eligibility. Targeted promotions draw from your browsing and order history, so you might get lucky if you buy games from Target often.
Here’s how to find out if you qualify for Target’s 40% off video game deal:
- Sign in to your Target account – you can only access the offer if you are a Target Circle rewards member.
- If you’re eligible, you likely received an email titled “40% Off Video Games with Target Circle.” If so, click through to the Target promotion page. If you don’t see an email, check the Target Circle Offers page or click here to view the promotion.
- The moment of truth — click the “Save Offer” button if it appears.
- Add the video game(s) to your cart.
- When you’re done shopping, head to check out. The 40% discount should be reflected in your final total.
Revel in Your Elite Status with a New Video GameNow that you’ve confirmed your status as a highly blessed Target Circle member, it’s time to rest on your laurels with some 40% off video games. This is a remarkably good Target deal – we seldom see substantial discounts on Nintendo Switch games and newer AAA titles for PlayStation and Xbox, especially with relatively few rules and exceptions.
In the original Deal Thread, epuentes and MellowThread1297 noted that some new titles like Madden 22 and FarCry 6 are not eligible for this promotion. However, the bulk of other available titles are fair game — starting with these exciting eligible options:
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD — Sale Price: $36 | Reg. Price: $59.99
- Mario Golf: Super Rush — Sale Price: $36 | Reg. Price: $59.99
- Just Dance 2021 — Sale Price: $15 | Reg. Price: $24.99
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time — Sale Price: $26.10 | Reg. Price: $43.49
- Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla — Sale Price: $36 | Reg. Price: $59.99
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 + 2 — Sale Price: $30 | Reg. Price: $49.99
- Gran Turismo 7: 25th Anniversary Edition (Pre-Order) — Sale Price: $54 | Reg. Price: $89.99
- NHL 22 (Pre-Order) — Sale Price: $36 | Reg. Price: $59.99
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition — Sale Price: $42 | Reg. Price: $69.99
If you didn’t get lucky during this Target promotion, don’t despair — set a Deal Alert instead. When your most sought-after title goes on sale next, we’ll let you know right away.
More to consider: