If you’re a current (or prospective) SiriusXM subscriber, let’s hope you have room in your life for yet another streaming service. As part of a recent bundle agreement between SiriusXM and Discovery, SiriusXM subscribers can sign up for a free, ad-supported Discovery+ trial plan (typically $4.99/month) now through June 30th, 2022. Discovery+ is a relatively new streaming service that doesn’t advertise many bundle deals. That makes this one of few inexpensive ways to check out the service without paying full price.
The length of your Discovery+ trial will depend on your current plan and subscriber status. Any SiriusXM plan-holder who isn’t a current Discovery+ subscriber gets three months to one year of unlimited access to the Discovery+ streaming catalog.
Already have a SiriusXM subscription? There’s a good chance you’ve received the Discovery+ bundle code by email sometime in the past couple of weeks. If so, you can head over to the Discovery+ offer page to redeem your code and start browsing your new streaming library. Otherwise, log into your SiriusXM member account and request a new redemption code.
How the SiriusXM Subscriber Discovery+ Deal Works
There are a couple of factors that determine who is and isn’t eligible for certain aspects of this bundle deal. But you don’t need to sweat the fine print. Here are the basic terms of the Discovery+ subscriber offer:
- This bundle offer primarily exists to advertise SiriusXM’s new content-packed Platinum VIP plan. It offers a plethora of VIP perks and hours upon hours of exclusive content for $34.99/month. New and current Platinum VIP subscribers will receive a 12-month long Discovery+ trial. Once the 12-month promotional period ends, you’ll pay the usual $4.99/month for your ad-supported Discovery+ plan.
- You won’t get a full year of Discovery+ if you’re signed up for cheaper SiriusXM plans like Streaming Platinum, Platinum or Music and Entertainment. But virtually any SiriusXM subscriber can still take advantage of a three-month Discovery+ trial (as long as you aren’t a current Discovery+ subscriber). As is the case with Platinum VIP plan-holders, your trial will revert to a $4.99/month ad-supported Discovery+ plan when your trial ends.
- Platinum VIP subscribers are able to activate full SiriusXM privileges in two vehicles. But this perk does not extend to third-party services like Discovery+. Only one activated vehicle gets Discovery+ streaming privileges. Aside from this exception, you can stream Discovery+ on as many compatible streaming devices as you’d like.
- It should be fairly clear by now that current Discovery+ subscribers aren’t eligible for SiriusXM’s bundle package. Luckily, there’s one handy loophole. Discovery+ stated that “former” Discovery+ subscribers can still access the deal. Canceling and re-enrolling might not work if you’ve already linked your SiriusXM and Discovery+ memberships in the past. Still, you might be able to deploy this method and skip out on your paid Discovery+ plan otherwise.
Even if you’re not sold on what SiriusXM or Discovery+ has to offer, it costs little to check out both services. Most SiriusXM plans cost $1/month for the first three months and any of them will unlock a free Discovery+ trial.
It’s easy to stay up to date on all of the latest streaming deals and tech discounts. Just set a Deal Alert on the products and categories you’re interested in. We’ll notify you when we see a deal you might like.
More to consider:
- Everything You Need to Know About Scoring the Best LA Fitness Membership Deals
- Shang-Chi Now Free for Disney+ Subscribers