Having the proper gear is one of the best ways to make traveling seamless, easy, and headache-free. Besides, what spells out “seasoned traveler” than a high-quality suitcase or stylish luggage?
Unfortunately, luggage can be quite expensive when there isn’t a sale. Whether you are after a new luggage set, an expandable carry-on suitcase, or a wheeled duffel carry-on bag, there is always a discounted deal perfect for you. We have rounded the best luggage bag deals of 2022 to help start your travels within budget.
Best Carry-On Luggage Deals
Carry-on luggage offers a great deal of versatility when traveling for short trips or long weekends. If you are planning to go on a solo trip and will be gone for a few days, carry-on luggage is the perfect piece for you.
You can choose from two main types of luggage: expandable carry-on luggage and traditional rolling carry-on luggage. The former allows you to pack more without carrying a heavy bag; they typically have many compartments and pockets for organization.
On the other hand, rolling carry-on luggage is the most common type. Rolling carry-on luggage typically have four wheels that can maneuver smoothly on any surface. Let’s take a look at some sweet carry-on luggage deals right now:
- COOLIFE Luggage 3-Piece Spinner Suitcase Set — Sale Price: $189.99 | Reg. Price: $299.99
- Travelpro Maxlite 5 Softside Expandable Luggage, Mocha, 25-Inch — Sale Price: $161.49 | Reg. Price: $320
- Monos Carry-On Plus — Sale Price: $245 | Reg. Price: $288
Best Cabin Luggage Deals
Cabin bags are typically lightweight, have a larger capacity, and easily fit into a plane’s overhead compartment. They feature a sleek design, several compartments for easy storage, and a USB port for charging devices on the go. Check out some of these cabin luggage deals of 2022:
- Rockland Melbourne Hardside Expandable Spinner Wheel Luggage —Sale Price: $63.81 | Reg. Price: $120
- Travelpro Hardside Spinner Wheel Luggage, 19″ —Sale Price: $133.99 | Reg. Price: $159.99
- Samsonite Omni PC Hardside Expandable Luggage w/ Spinner Wheel — Sale Price: $129.15 | Reg. Price: $159.99
Best Luggage Under $100
Are you looking for the best quality luggage without having to spend too much? Then, this section is just for you. Luggage can be very expensive, especially when opting for a quality and popular brand. Luckily, there are quite a few luggage deals that go for under $100. Here are some of our picks for reliable brands that offer high-quality build and versatility to make you feel like you’re traveling in luxury:
- American Tourister Hardside Expandable Luggage w/ Spinner Wheels, 21-inch — Sale Price: $89.99 | Reg. Price: $139.99
- Hobbs Collection Spinner Suitcase — Sale Price: $72.97 | Reg. Price: $240
- Spotlight Rich Green 20″ Hardside Spinner Suitcase — Sale Price: $89.97 | Reg. Price: $159.99
Soft Shell Luggage Deals
Soft shell luggage is made from a flexible and lightweight material, making it easy to store in small compartments or stuffed into storage areas. They open to one main compartment that has interior pockets for easy storage. Their carry handles are usually made from a rubber grip that is soft to the touch and provides comfort while carrying it around.
Here are the best luggage deals on soft shell luggage right now:
- Rockland Fashion Softside Upright Luggage Set, Blue — Sale Price: $46.46 | Reg. Price: $79.99
- Travelers Choice Marin 22″ Spinner — Sale Price: $89.97 | Reg. Price: $150
- Pilot Air™ Elite 21″ Expandable Carry-on Spinner Luggage — Sale Price: $109.97 | Reg. Price: $300
- Solo New York Leroy Rolling Duffel — Sale Price: $149.99 | Reg. Price: $240
Hard Shell Luggage Deals
Unlike soft shell luggage, hard shell luggage is made of a rigid material such as polycarbonate, ABS, or aluminum. They are durable and resistant to impact, which is a big plus when traveling with your luggage. Their interior linings are also made of strong fabric to prevent the bag from tearing apart. If you are packing breakable items, hard shell luggage can be a better storage option.
Here are the best deals on hard shell luggage right now:
- Vacay Spotlight 20″ Hardside Spinner Suitcase — Sale Price: $79.97 | Reg. Price: $159.99
- American Tourister Triumph NX 2 Piece Set — Sale Price: $149.99 | Reg. Price: $109.99
- Ktaxon Spinner Hard Shell 3-Piece Luggage Set — Sale Price: $134.99 | Reg. Price: $300.99
- Rollmaster Lite 28″ Expandable Hardside Spinner Luggage — Sale Price: $129.97 | Reg. Price: $420
How To Score the Best Prices on the Top Luggage Brands
Since luggage can be very expensive, it’s important that you shop for the best deals. Top leading brands such as Samsonite, Travelpro, Eagle Creek, and American Tourister offer the best luggage sets and bags at a much higher price. But, it doesn’t mean you can’t buy luxury brand luggage. Here are some tips that you can follow to score the best deals on the best luggage brands:
1. Check Out Clearance Sales
Items on clearance sale feature lower price tags and offer significant discounts to enable you to buy your favorite luggage set without breaking the bank. Check the brand’s website you want to buy from or visit a physical store sale. You can score deep discounts by buying your luggage set at the end of the season or during special occasions like Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Martin Luther King Day.
2. Shop Black Friday Deals
Shoppers should take advantage of Black Friday sales to garner the best deals on fashion and travel items like luggage. The best time to start searching for top luggage brands is usually in October or a few weeks before Black Friday. But of course, you can buy during the pre-sale, where doorbuster deals are offered at a fraction of the original price.
3. Follow the Brands for Sale Updates
Brand websites offer discounted prices on their luggage sets and bags from time to time. They offer discounts of up to 50% as a way of clearing their inventory to make way for new arrivals. This allows you to buy your luggage set at a greatly reduced price, sometimes half of the original price. You can subscribe to the store’s newsletter, follow them on their social networks, or sign up for their loyalty program to receive newsletters about discounts and upcoming sales.
4. Shop Off-Price Retailers & Outlets
Shopping at outlet stores and off-price retailers such as Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, Home Goods and TJ Maxx are great ways to save on luggage and other travel gear. You can find popular brand-name luggage for steep discounts compared to their original price. Though the selection and variety may be limited, the savings are worth it.
5. Set Up a Deal Alert
When you sign up for a Deal Alert, we notify you instantly when an item that you are looking for is on sale. You can customize your alert down to the brand, type of luggage, or even store you want to purchase from.