Advertiser Disclosure: At Slickdeals, we work hard to find the best deals. Some products in our articles are from partners who may provide us with compensation, but this doesn’t change our opinions. Our editors strive to ensure that the information in this article is accurate as of the date published, but please keep in mind that offers can change. We encourage you to verify all terms and conditions of any product before you apply.Reading Time: 3 minutes
A food dehydrator is one of the best kitchen appliances to own ti start saving money. You can save hundreds of dollars each year by spending under $100 and investing in a dehydrator to dry your own fruits, vegetables and herbs.
Everyone seems to be trying to eat a little healthier these days, but some of the best foods have a very limited shelf life. It’s frustrating to spend your hard-earned money at the grocery store, only to have it go bad within a few days of purchase.
So instead of having your good food go bad or shelling out $6 for a bag of dehydrated bananas, you could just chop up some overripe bananas you bought for a couple of dollars or anything else you want and dehydrate them in your own home.
Whether you want to preserve your excess of home-grown produce, create homemade fruit rollups, treat your furry friend to fresh dog treats or experiment with making your own flavored jerky, dehydrating food is a fun alternative to buying snacks at the store. If you’ve been on the hunt for a food dehydrator, Wayfair has a wide selection in an array of sizes.
Please Note: If you are serious about wanting to dehydrate your food, be sure to read the descriptions carefully to select one that will meet all of your needs.
Food Dehydrators Under $100 With Both Free Shipping and Returns
Here are several food dehydrators from Wayfair in various sizes that are currently on sale or priced as low as $48. You’ll be sure to find one that will fit your lifestyle and your budget. With Wayfair’s free shipping and easy no-questions-asked free returns (even on the largest items), you can try drying your own food, risk-free:
Nesco 4 Tray Jerky Food Dehydrator – Sale Price: $82.40 | Reg. Price: $99.99
Presto Dehydro* Electric Food Dehydrator – Sale Price: $54 | Reg. Price: $59.99
Nesco 4 Tray Food Dehydrator – Sale Price: $49.52 | Reg. Price: $51.99
Weston 6 Tray Digital Dehydrator – Sale Price: $62.18 | Reg. Price: $69.99
Cuisinart Food Dehydrator – Reg. Price: $79.95
Save Tons of Money With This Nesco 8 Tray Gardenmaster Food Dehydrator
You can also purchase this impressive 8 Tray Gardenmaster Food Dehydrator by Nesco on sale for $141.97 (Reg. Price: $179.99) with over 100 positive reviews on Wayfair. You’ll be able to preserve your fruits and vegetables quickly and efficiently instead of having to throw them away when they go bad.
Key features include:
- 1000 watts of pure drying power with a Converge-Flow drying system that dries food quickly and evenly without having to monitor progress or rearrange the trays.
- The dehydrator is expandable, meaning that you can add more trays which makes this dehydrator quite versatile.
- It’s easy to use, and clean and comes with a recipe book to ensure you get fantastic results.
You Can Use a Dehydrator for More Than Just Food
A food dehydrator is a useful addition to your kitchen toolkit. While many assume that the handy appliance exists purely to make jerk or crunchy apple chips, it not only has a wide range of uses for food preparation, but it comes in handy for all kinds of situations. Here are a few other convenient ways you can use a dehydrator:
- If you want high-quality potpourri at an incredible price, just turn to your food dehydrator. Dry out a selection of herbs, spices and flowers and there you go.
- If you have stale chips or crackers lying around, you can slide them into the food dehydrator and watch them spring back to life. As long as the food isn’t spoiled, you don’t have to trash the bags of chips or a box of crackers you accidentally left open.
- If you enjoy DIY crafts, you can use a food dehydrator in numerous ways. For instance, you can make your own natural petal confetti that is entirely eco-friendly and biodegradable. It’s perfect for weddings and birthday parties, and all you have to do is gather your favorite petals and dehydrate them.
More from Slickdeals:
Latest Sam’s Club Deal: Get 55% Off a New Membership, Plus Free Food
Do You Need $60 Crocs? The Ultimate Crocs Shopping Guide
Tame Tangled Lights and Organize All With Holiday Storage Solutions