Advertiser Disclosure: At Slickdeals, we work hard to find the best deals. Some products in our articles are from partners who may provide us with compensation, but this doesn’t change our opinions. Our editors strive to ensure that the information in this article is accurate as of the date published, but please keep in mind that offers can change. We encourage you to verify all terms and conditions of any product before you apply.Reading Time: 5 minutes
If you need the perfect gift to bring a little magic into someone’s life, a one-year Disney+ gift subscription might be just what you’re looking for. Disney+ is now offering digital gift cards that will let you share a year-long subscription to the streaming service for $79.99.
Here are some important details before you gift a Disney+ subscription:
- Only new Disney+ subscribers can redeem the gift card
- Gift cards must be used in the country they were purchased
- You can choose a delivery date for the gift card
- Cannot be used on ESPN+ and Hulu, but can be applied when signing up for the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle
- Physical gift cards are available for purchase, but shipping fees may apply
With a Disney+ annual gift subscription, you can bring the joy of entertainment with titles from Marvel, Star Wars, Walt Disney Animation, and more that will last throughout the year.
What is a Disney Plus Gift Subscription Card and How Much Does It Cost?
The Disney+ gift subscription card is a digital gift card that can be purchased and gifted to new Disney+ subscribers. The card costs $79.99 and will grant recipients a one-year subscription to Disney+ at no charge to them.
With this subscription, users will be able to stream content from the entire Disney+ library, including movies and series from blockbuster franchises like Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, Disney, and National Geographic.
How To Gift a Disney Plus Subscription
This offer is only available to new Disney+ subscribers and the gift card cannot be applied to an existing account. The gift cards can also only be used in the country where they were originally purchased. If you have a friend or relative who has been interested in the service but hasn’t subscribed yet, this is the perfect gift for them. Purchasing the gift card is easy, and the recipient will be able to receive the digital card instantly.
To gift a Disney+ subscription, just follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Disney+ Gift Subscription page.
- Input your info and the recipient’s info, including name, email address, and delivery date.
- You can also add a brief message during this step for the recipient to receive.
- Complete the purchase by adding your payment method.
Once you’ve completed this process, the recipient will get an email with the digital gift card and instructions on how to activate it on https://www.disneyplus.com/redeem. The card will arrive on the delivery date that you scheduled.
Where Can I Buy a Disney Plus Gift Card?
You can buy a Disney+ gift card directly from a few places:
- The Disney Store can deliver physical gift cards, but you are limited to five per guest
- Some retailers such as Target will carry Disney+ gift cards
- The Disney+ website offers digital gift cards that can be sent to the recipient’s email
Can I Give a Disney Plus Gift Card to an Existing Subscriber?
No, the Disney+ gift card is only available for first-time subscribers. It cannot be applied to an existing account, including the account of the purchaser.
If you’d like to purchase a yearlong subscription to Disney+, you can sign up for the annual plan at the Disney+ website. The annual plan costs $79.99, the same as the gift subscription.
Can I Use My Disney Plus Subscription Gift Card for ESPN+ and Hulu?
No, the Disney+ gift card can only be used for a Disney+ subscription. However, you can still sign up for the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle at a discount if you have a gifted subscription.
Below is a quick breakdown of how to sign up for this bundle if you’ve been gifted a Disney+ subscription.
- Activate your Disney+ gift subscription and create your account.
- Go to DisneyPlus.com and select the drop-down menu in the top right corner. Select “Account” from the menu.
- Under the “Subscription” header, you can upgrade your subscription to the Disney bundle. This will put you on a $14/month plan that will include Disney+ as well as Hulu and ESPN+.
- This version of Hulu will contain ads.
- Your monthly payments will automatically deduct the cost of your gifted Disney+ subscription, so you will still need to pay a little extra when opting for the bundle with Hulu and ESPN+.
- Visit the Disney Plus Billing Details page and choose the option to switch to the Disney bundle.
Once this process is complete, you’ll be able to start streaming Hulu and ESPN+ in addition to Disney+.
Can I Buy A Physical Disney Plus Subscription Card?
Yes, you can buy a physical Disney+ Subscription Card from ShopDisney.com. While this might be a fun way to give a gift, keep in mind that you may be charged a shipping fee for the card. These cards cannot be shipped internationally.
How Do I Save on a Disney Plus Subscription Gift Card?
There are a couple of ways you can save on a Disney Plus gift card:
1. Find a Gift Card to Swap: Check out gift card trading sites that allow you to swap gifts cards for another card of equal value. You can learn more about trading gift cards at the link below.
Check Out: How to Swap Gift Cards
2. Get 5% back with the Target RedCard: You can find the Disney+ gift card for purchase on Target’s website. If you have a Target RedCard, you can even possibly score 5% cashback from your gift card purchase.
3. Set Up a Deal Alert: As always, you can also set a Deal Alert and we’ll notify you when a discount or special offer on Disney+ goes live.