Amazon’s Prime Gaming deal is an incredible gift from the surprisingly generous gaming gods. Previously called Twitch Prime, the program has been re-branded as Prime Gaming and is officially part of the Amazon family. That means if you have an Amazon Prime membership, you get Prime Gaming for the stunningly good deal of $0.00. And if you still haven’t jumped on the Prime train, you can try out a free, 30-day trial to see if the service is right for you.
To get the most out of your free content you’ll want to link your Amazon and Twitch accounts, as well as install the Amazon Games app on your computer. Once that’s taken care of, you’re ready to reap all the rewards of Prime Gaming.
October 2020 Free Prime Gaming Content
Every month Amazon adds to its growing roster of free games, and August was no different. This month saw the introduction of dozens of great titles to the Prime Gaming lineup. Many of these will be available well into 2021, while others are leaving the service at the end of the month. Be sure to claim them before they’re gone!
- Layers of Fear
- Silver Chains
- Dead Age
- Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl
- Surf World Series
Bonus free Games and Content
- Q.U.B.E. 2 (October 9th)
- Rocket Arena (October 10th)
- Bridge Constructor (October 16th)
- SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell (October 23rd)
- SNK 40th Anniversary Collection (March 31st)
- Metal Slug 2 (March 31st)
- Sengoku 3 (March 31st)
- King of the Monsters (March 31st)
- Ironclad (March 31st)
- Shock Troopers 2nd Squad (March 31st)
- Baseball Stars 2 (March 31st)
- The King of Fighters 2002 (March 31st)
- Samurai Shodown II (March 31st)
- Blazing Star (March 31st)
- Pulstar (March 31st)
- Art of Fighting 2 (March 31st)
- Fatal Fury Special (March 31st)
- The King of Fighters 2000 (March 31st)
Current In-Game Loot with Prime Gaming
There’s also a wide assortment of in-game loot and exclusive content for Prime Gaming subscribers. Here’s what’s currently being offered.
- League of Legends: Get up to three Skin Shards (August 27th)
- Legends of Runeterra: Prime Capsule (August 29th)
- King of Avalon: March Skin, Speed Ups, Resources & Battle Buff (September 1st)
- Black Desert Mobile: 28 Days Plus Chest (September 1st)
- Yahtzee With Buddies: “Tournament Mode Master” Giveaway (September 3rd)
- Big Farm: Mobile Harvest: Seaweed Fertilizer (September 7th)
- World of Tanks: Care Package Dime & Captured King Tiger Tank (September 10th)
- Mobile Legends: Bang Bang: Rynn – Fiery Dance Permanent Skin Bundle (September 8th)
- FIFA 20: Prime Gaming Pack #7 (September 11th)
- Roblox: Banandolier (September 11th)
- World of Warships: Battleship Massachusetts for Rent (September 17th)
- Warframe: Infested Power Pack (September 22nd)
- Destiny 2: Standoff Exotic Bundle Drop (September 23rd)
- Apex Legends: Rampart Custom Finish (September 24th)
- Hyper Scape: Item Bundle (October 6th)
- TERA: Starter Pack (November 19th)
- Red Dead Online: Reward for 6,000 Naturalist XP, Wilderness Camp & More (December 31st)
- GTA Online: Up to $1 million each month (Offer ends soon)
What’s Special About Prime Gaming?
Prime Gaming includes a slew of benefits for gaming enthusiasts that run the gamut from free games to exclusive Twitch emoticons. Here’s what Prime Gaming has to offer:
- Free Twitch Channel Subscription every month
- Member Access to free games, plus free in-game content
- Exclusive emoticons, chat badge and chat color options on Twitch
- Broadcast storage extended to 60 days from the standard 14
If you have a favorite Twitch Affiliate or Partner in mind, do note your “free Twitch Channel Subscription” is free for you, but the Affiliate or Partner gets paid as though it was a normal subscription. However, the subscription cycles monthly, so you’ll have the chance to swap to someone new with your free subscription or keep supporting your star streamer every time a month rolls over.
For those looking to play — rather than watch — games, Prime Gaming’s available game content is going to be, by far, the most exciting of these benefits. Every month, members receive offers for in-game goods, as well as full games — all for free.
For some offers, you’ll need to download the Amazon Games app. Once that’s taken care of you’ll be able to access all the great content Prime Gaming has to offer.
How to Link Prime Gaming to Twitch
It’s a whole lot easier than it sounds. Here’s a play-by-play of what most people will experience when linking their Prime Gaming and Twitch accounts.
- Head over to the Prime Gaming website.
- Select Connect Your Twitch Account.
- Sign into your Amazon account.
- Sign into your Twitch account and choose Confirm.
- Revel in your newfound perks. Claim your new loot, show off that Prime Gaming badge, and get going on that free channel subscription to your streamer of choice.
There might be a bit of variance in these steps based on your region, but so long as you know the info for both accounts it shouldn’t be too difficult to link them together.
Prime Gaming is Free, So…
It’s hard to argue with free. If you enjoy watching or playing video games, and you already have an Amazon Prime account, it’s worth spending the few moments to check out all the free content Prime Gaming has to offer. With just a few clicks you’ll be able to play your favorite free games, make a splash in the Twitch comment sections or support your favorite streamers with a free subscription.
It’s up to you what you do with it, but the simple fact remains: Prime Gaming is there, waiting for you, and it doesn’t cost you a penny to get started.
Need some games to stream on your own Twitch channel? Visit Slickdeals’ Video Games category page for today’s best discounts on titles, accessories and consoles.