Advertiser Disclosure: At Slickdeals, we work hard to find the best deals. Some products in our articles are from partners who may provide us with compensation, but this doesn’t change our opinions. Our editors strive to ensure that the information in this article is accurate as of the date published, but please keep in mind that offers can change. We encourage you to verify all terms and conditions of any product before you apply.
Reading Time: 5 minutes
Picking up a new Xbox Series X controller for both consoles is surprisingly easy. It’s tracking down an Xbox Series X|S in stock that remains remarkably difficult, Most retailers not only have the products ready and available for shipping, but they’re carrying them at a discounted price.
If you’re looking for that perfect controller for player two, here are some of the hottest Xbox Series X controller deals available. You’ll also want to take a look at Xbox One controller sales, since the new-gen console works with last-gen gamepads, or possibly up your game with a discounted pro controller.
Whatever the case, there’s no need to pay full price for the newest addition to your game room.
Best Deals and Discounts on Xbox Series X Controllers
Microsoft offers the Xbox Series X Controller in a wide variety of colors, and it’s in your best interest to peruse the entire collection. You’ll often find that less popular designs are steeply discounted, making them a great choice for a frugal gamer.
However, several retailers are currently offering the popular Xbox Series X Wireless Controller (Black) at a reduced rate. You can find the deal at Target, GameStop, and Walmart (listed below). If those three retailers sell out, Microsoft is also offering the controller at a $10.00 discount.
Beyond the standard black design, several others are currently available at a discount:
Don’t Forget About Third-Party Xbox Controllers
Credit: PDP, PowerA
While they’re often not as ergonomic or as easy on the eyes as Microsoft’s first-party controllers, third-party devices have come a long way since the Xbox’s early days. Better yet, many of them are officially endorsed by Microsoft, meaning you can sleep easy knowing your controller will work perfectly with your Xbox Series X.
If you don’t mind shopping around, you can save big money by opting for a third-party controller.
Save More With These Xbox One Controller Promotions
Xbox Series X|S consoles are both fully compatible with old Xbox One controllers. The only thing they lack is a dedicated Share button. Other than that omission, they’ll work perfectly fine with all your newer games. Some of these controllers come pre-owned, but that only means you’ll keep more cash in your wallet.
Take Your Game To The Next Level With These Discounted Pro Controllers
Credit: Razer, Microsoft
If you’re looking to join the esports elite, consider picking up one of these high-end controllers. Not only are they currently discounted, but they provide a level of accessibility and precision not seen in other gamepads on the market.
Consider Holding Out for the 20th Anniversary Edition
While all the above options are great for saving a bit of cash, dedicated Xbox fans might want to hold out and purchase the upcoming 20th Anniversary Special Edition controller. It’s pricier than the alternatives — carrying a $69.99 price tag — but there’s no doubt it’s one of the slickest gamepads Microsoft has ever released.
Tips for Saving Big on Xbox Controllers
Miss the above sales or holding out for a better promotion? Here are a few tips to help you save big on all your Xbox Series X Controller purchases.
- Check all the color options: Retailers will typically discount designs that aren’t selling well before reducing the price tag on popular configurations. However, the standard White and Black designs buck this trend. Although they’re among the most common controllers in homes around the nation, we see them go on sale rather frequently.
- Wait for Black Friday: The biggest shopping holiday of the year is right around the corner, and retailers always offer big discounts on gaming accessories. We’re not sure how things will shape up in 2021, but it’s all but guaranteed someone will be carrying a steeply discounted Xbox controller.
- Don’t be afraid of third-party products: Unlike the carpal tunnel-inducing designs of yesteryear, many third-party controllers are just as capable as the first-party ones from Microsoft. Be sure to do a bit of research before pulling the trigger, but brands such as Mad Catz and PowerA tend to be solid purchases.
- Discounts of $5.00 are the norm: If you stumble upon a controller discounted more than $5.00, consider yourself lucky. Microsoft’s first-party gamepads don’t often see steep price cuts. If you find one, you can be confident you’re getting a good deal.
- Set up a Deal Alert: Sign up for Deal Alerts to receive a notification when Xbox Series X controllers go on sale and never miss out on a good deal again.
More to consider: