The Apple Watch Series 6 and budget-friendly SE smartwatch made their debut back in September 2020. And right now you can get a Series 6 watch (GPS, 40mm) with Red Aluminum Case and Red Sport Band for $318.98 (or about $80 off MSRP) on Amazon.
Additionally, you can pick up a Series 6 watch (GPS, 40mm) with Blue Aluminum Case and Deep Navy Sport Band for $349.00.
If you’re looking at the more affordable SE model, you can get an Apple Watch SE (GPS, 40mm) with Silver Aluminum Case and White Sport Band for $249.00 on Amazon, down from the original price of $279.
Check Apple Watch SE Deal at Amazon
And these are just deals on the newest Apple Watch model. If you’re willing to rock a Series 3 model, the price gets even lower. Here’s our roundup of the best deals you can get on the Apple Watch.
Apple Watch Series 6
- 40mm GPS Aluminum Case with Red Band – Sale Price: $318.98 | Reg. Price: $399.00
- 40mm GPS Aluminum Case with Deep Navy Band – Sale Price: $349.00 | Reg. Price: $399.00
- 40mm GPS + Cellular Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band – Sale Price: $433.89 | Reg. Price: $499.99
- 44mm GPS Red Aluminum Case with Red Sport Band – Sale Price: $349.00 | Reg. Price: $429.99
- 40mm GPS Silver Aluminum Case with White Sport Band – Sale Price: $349.00 | Reg. Price: $399.00
B&H Photo Video
- 44mm GPS Aluminum Case with Red Sport Band – Sale Price: $399.00 | Reg. Price: $429.00
- 40mm GPS Aluminum Case with Deep Navy Band – Sale Price: $384.00 | Reg. Price: $399.00
Apple Watch SE
- 40mm GPS Silver Aluminum Case with White Sport Band – Sale Price: $249.00 | Reg. Price: $279.00
- 40mm GPS + Cellular Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band – Sale Price: $319.99 | Reg. Price: $329.00
- 40mm GPS Silver Aluminum Case with White Sport Band – Sale Price: $249.00 | Reg. Price: $279.99
B&H Photo Video
- 44mm GPS + Cellular Gold Aluminum Case with Plum Sport Loop – Sale Price: $299.00 | Reg. Price: $359.00
- 40mm GPS Silver, Gold or Space Gray Aluminum Case – Sale Price: $269.99 | Reg. Price: $279.00
- 44mm GPS Silver Aluminum Case White Sport Band – Sale Price: $412.12 | Reg. Price $429.99
- 42mm GPS Silver Aluminum Case with White Sport Band (Renewed) – Sale Price: $179.99 | Reg. Price $189.99
- 38mm GPS Aluminum Case with Black or White Sport Band – Sale Price: $169.00 | Reg. Price $199.00
Frequently Asked Questions About the Apple Watch Series 6
Do Apple Watches Go On Sale for Black Friday?
Yes, we often see major retailers like Amazon, Walmart and Best Buy offer discounted Apple Watches during Black Friday sales. While the latest models typically do not go on sale, you can likely expect older models to see big price cuts as retailers move to push out older inventory.
If you see a deal on Apple Watches before Black Friday, it’s best to buy it sooner than later. Historically, Black Friday sales on Apple Watches sell out fairly quickly and the discounts aren’t much better on Black Friday than the days leading up to the big day.
Where to Find the Best Deals on Apple Watches?
While these highlighted offers are a great jumping-off point, don’t forget to keep an eye out for flash sales, trade-in offers and secret bundle deals that only last for a limited amount of time. If you play your cards right and remain on the lookout for Apple Watch deals, you might even score a discount on AirPods or a new iPad while you’re at it.
If you are looking for a simple utility smartwatch and are happy to keep your cellular activity on your iPhone (or another smart device), you’ve already unlocked a great Apple Watch deal. You can save up to $100 by purchasing a GPS-only model.
What’s New with the Apple Watch Series 6?
Cosmetically, there isn’t much change to the newest generation of the smartwatch compared to the Apple Watch Series 5. Instead, the Apple Watch Series 6 is all about internal improvements to help you stay fit and healthy. Here are the key upgrades of the gadget’s latest iteration:
- New S6 processor, 20% faster than the Series 5
- Always-On Display now 2.5 times brighter outdoors
- Blood oxygen sensor
- Always-on altimeter for live elevation updates
- Several new watch faces to choose from
- New case colors including Aluminum Blue and (Product) Red
- Introduction of the Solo Loop Watch Band
How is the SE Different from the Series 6?
With the Apple Watch SE, you still get a device full of fitness functionality. It’s just missing 5G Wi-Fi capabilities and some of the built-in premium features of the Series 6 like an Always-On Display, ECG and blood-oxygen sensor. Usually the SE moniker entails a shrinkage in size, but that isn’t the case. You can get the device in the same display sizes as the Apple Watch Series 6. The better comparison here is that the Apple Watch SE is just a repackaged Apple Watch Series 3 with overall improvements in performance, a slightly larger screen and better compatibility with the latest watchOS 7 features.
Is the Apple Watch Series 6 Worth it? Or Should You Get an Older Model?
Over the years, it has become commonplace for Apple to make incremental improvements to new generations of products, including the Apple Watch Series 6. While changes like an always-on OLED retina display and International SOS are intriguing, the Series 6 is essentially the same watch as the 5. This is part of the reason why the 5 (like the Series 4 before it) stopped shipping out as soon as a newer option hit store shelves.
However, Apple has decided to keep selling the Apple Watch Series 3 despite it lacking some of the specialized elements of the later generations. At a starting price of $199, the 3 offers a much lower barrier to entry and is perfect for those just focused on fitness.
For the most part, retailers are out of the Apple Watch Series 5 and 4, but there could be a few refurbished and Apple-authorized resellers offering the discontinued tech. Setting up a Deal Alert specifically for discontinued Apple Watches can help you stay on top of any potential Apple Watch Series 5 deals.
As it stands, the price of the latest generation watch from Apple doesn’t justify upgrading from the Apple Watch Series 5 (or even the Series 4) unless you’re a die-hard fan who must have the newest gadget the tech giant has to offer. But if you’ve never owned a smartwatch and own an iPhone 5S or higher, the Apple Watch Series 3 is a great starter and is now more affordable than ever.
You Might Like: