The Nintendo Switch OLED Model just hit store shelves on October 8th, but actually finding one now is going to be difficult. Pre-orders sold out almost immediately due to serious demand, meaning Switch OLED had quite the chaotic launch. It’s a repeat of what happens with the tumultuous releases of both PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S last year.
Thankfully, retailers should be offering restocks throughout the rest of 2021. Here’s where you’re most likely to find a Switch OLED Model, along with a few tips to make your hunt easier.
Where to Buy Nintendo Switch OLED Model
If you’ve yet to nab a Switch OLED, there’s still hope to find one in the coming months. You’ll need to be patient and persistent, but with a bit of luck, one of these locations should eventually have one in stock.
Amazon Switch OLED Offers
Walmart Switch OLED Offers
GameStop Switch OLED Offers
Best Buy Switch OLED Offers
You can also find a Switch OLED bundle at Best Buy that includes Metroid Dread.
Target Switch OLED Offers
B&H Photo Switch OLED Offers
Tips for Finding Switch OLED In Stock
The Nintendo Switch OLED model was going to be a popular product regardless of when it launched, but an ongoing semiconductor shortage could make it remarkably difficult to find one throughout the rest of 2021. However, there are a few ways you can maximize your chances of finding one.
- Sign up for notifications. Most retailers will let you input your email address to receive messages when a fresh batch of Switch OLED units is about to arrive. You can also set up a Deal Alert to see when anything related to Nintendo’s new console is posted to Slickdeals.
- Check both color variants. It’s possible one color will sell out faster than the others, so make sure you’re checking both the White and Red & Blue options at all retailers.
- Stay tuned on social media. Both retailers and industry analysts will often announce the arrival of new inventory – and some users will even offer leaks and predictions so you can get a jump on the competition.
- Be patient. If you tried your hand at finding a PS5 or Xbox Series X during the 2020 holiday season, you’re well-prepared for hunting down Switch OLED. It’s unclear when retailers will begin restocking, but make sure to watch for patterns – for example, some retailers only restocked PS5 on Thursday afternoons, while others waited until midnight to push their inventory live.
- Prepare for overflowing servers. If you manage to find an in-stock unit and add it to your cart, that’s only the beginning of your battle. You’ll then need to slog through servers flooded with prospective buyers and finish your transaction. Just make sure you don’t take too long – otherwise, your purchase might be canceled.
What’s New with the Switch OLED Model?
While the new Switch OLED Model isn’t quite the “Pro” upgrade fans were expecting, it’s still packed with plenty of cool new features. Anyone who has yet to pick up a Switch will definitely want to opt for this upgraded version, and even current Switch owners who love playing in handheld might want to spring for the OLED.
Here’s a quick look at what makes the Switch OLED stand out from its predecessor:
- Larger 7-inch OLED screen
- Redesigned, adjustable stand
- Wired LAN port
- 64GB Storage
It shouldn’t come as a surprise, but the handheld console’s standout feature is its upgraded OLED screen. Not only is it capable of producing a more vivid picture, but it also is slightly larger than its predecessor. There’s also a wired LAN port for blazing-fast online connections – along with 64GB of onboard storage for all your games.
More to consider: