Advertiser Disclosure: At Slickdeals, we work hard to find the best deals. Some products in our articles are from partners who may provide us with compensation, but this doesn’t change our opinions. Our editors strive to ensure that the information in this article is accurate as of the date published, but please keep in mind that offers can change. We encourage you to verify all terms and conditions of any product before you apply.Reading Time: 5 minutes
Stop twiddling your thumbs and start marking your calendars for Amazon Prime Day 2022. This year, the Amazon Prime Day shopping extravaganza is going down Tuesday, July 12 through Wednesday, July 13, so you better be ready.
Year after year, Prime Day proves to be a bigger and better sale extravaganza than the year before. In fact, even in the middle of the pandemic, 2020’s Prime Day sales reached an estimated $10.4 billion USD worldwide, making it the most successful shopping occasion in Amazon history (according to Statista). So it is easy to say that we have some huge deal expectations for this year’s Amazon sale.
Expect Pre-Prime Day Deals Leading up to Amazon Prime Day 2022
As you know, Amazon likes to keep its best sale event as hush-hush as possible. We know for certain the timing of the sale: July 12 – July 13. You can expect thousands of hot deals in every category, from fashion to home goods to tech, as well as pre-Prime Day deals and early sales to whet your shopping appetite. Last year, Amazon’s early Prime Day deals included 33% off select smart TVs plus opportunities to earn $10 toward Prime Day shopping.
A quick look at past sales shows that the best Prime Day deals have been on Amazon-branded goods, such as the latest Echo and Fire TV models and Amazon’s line of household goods.
How To Earn $10 in Amazon Credits
As you get ready for Prime Day, how does an extra $10 in Amazon cash sound? Prime members can earn $10 when they complete specific tasks. Each task is a “stamp” and when you collect four stamps, you can earn $10 in Amazon credits. Your $10 credit will appear within 24 hours of completing the tasks. You can use the credits for Prime Day, or likely anytime after too.
First, you must be a Prime member to start collecting the stamps. You can sign up for a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime if you’d like to get in on the savings.
Once you’ve signed up for Prime, complete these four tasks by July 13 at 11:59 p.m. EST:
1. Use Prime Video and stream a show.
Head over to Prime Video and start streaming a show. You can watch something you’d normally watch anyway, or look for a show that won’t take too much of your time.
2. Use Prime Music and listen to a song.
Pick a song that is included with Prime on Prime Music and stream it to collect this stamp.
3. Use Prime Reading to borrow an eBook.
4. Purchase a Prime-eligible item of at least $5.
You must make a purchase of a Prime-eligible item that is at least $5 or more to complete this task. You can easily meet this requirement by making your normal household purchases such as toiletries, or check your wishlist for any eligible items. Or, look through Today’s Deals to see if there is anything worth snagging.
You can always check your progress on how many stamps you’ve completed here.
3 Saving Hacks To Make You a Prime Day Pro
It’s time to gear up for the massive amount of sales and deals coming your way. Overwhelmed by the millions of deals going on simultaneously? We’ve got your back. These three hacks will turn you into a Prime Day shopping rock star:
- Start With Slickdeals: Use Slickdeals for Amazon Prime Day 2022 to save time by only seeing the deals that are worth your money. Keep your eye on the Slickdeals Prime Day page, as well as the forums. Our 12M+ Slickdeals users are also quick to find hidden deals and price mistakes, like the notorious 2019 Prime Day moment when the $12,000 Sony DSLR lens was mispriced for under $100.
- Make Your List Early: Prime Day is a great time to stock up on gifts on a budget. Make a list of upcoming birthdays and holiday wish lists so you know which deals to focus on. Set Deal Alerts for items on your shopping list, so you’ll know when to snag the best discounts during the sale. Deal Alerts can be set for specific items — i.e., a Blink Mini Indoor Security Camera, or you can set an alert to receive discount news on general categories, like kids’ toys.
- Study Past Sales: Want to know a secret? Prime Day sales follow similar patterns each year. You won’t find the exact same deals as last year, but by researching previous Prime Day deals, you can get some insight as to what to expect this year.
Mark Your Calendars for Prime Day
When is Amazon Prime Day 2022?
Prime Day shopping starts Tuesday, July 12 and ends Wednesday, July 13. And keep your eye on our Prime Day page because we will have regular updates and pre-sale info as they are announced from Amazon.
Do You Need to Be an Amazon Prime Member to Shop Prime Day?
No, you do not need to be an Amazon Prime Member to enjoy savings on Prime Day. Anyone can shop Prime Day deals, but Prime members typically get access to special perks, such as members-only discounts and early access to certain deals. In the past, Amazon has typically provided Prime members with early access to Prime Day deals, which may entice some non-members to sign up.
If you do not have Prime, you can always sign up for a free trial and enjoy the full savings opportunities on Prime Day without having to pay for a membership.
Easily Track Prime Day Deals on Your Phone Anywhere You Go
Navigate multiple sales at once by setting Deal Alerts on the Slickdeals app for all the items you need and brands already on your shopping lists – from groceries to diapers to TVs, tech and more. Just download the Slickdeals app for iOS or for Android to your phone now to start saving.
You can also see all active deals our community of over 12 million active deal hunters has found and uploaded and easily search and browse items to make sure you’re getting the lowest price on the internet. Set up multiple Deal Alerts in just seconds on the Slickdeals app to be notified on your phone whenever the item you want is on sale at the price you want to pay.
Never Hunt for Coupons Again
We’ll try the latest coupon codes to save you the most money on every purchase.
Great Deals and Bonuses to Check Out from Slickdeals Money:
- New Southwest Credit Card Cardholders: Free Airfare With Major Points Bonus at Sign-Up
- Latest Bank Promotions and Checking Account Bonuses Being Offered This Month