DoorDash has officially launched DashPass for Students – a discounted version of the delivery service that only costs $4.99/month and grants free delivery on select restaurant and grocery orders. Students can opt for a single annual payment of $48 to further reduce costs.
DashPass for Students effectively cuts the price of DoorDash’s popular service by 50%, which regularly costs $9.99/month. Both students and non-students can check out a free 30-day trial of their respective programs before enrolling. The benefits of DashPass for Students are essentially the same as the standard DashPass, which include the following:
- Delivery: $0 delivery fees on restaurant deliveries over the minimum subtotal. Plus, get 10% off order subtotals year-round – see your savings add up under ‘service fees’ in cart.
- Pickup: Get 5% credit back (and skip the service fees) on Pickup orders from eligible restaurants.
- Grocery: No delivery fees and 10% off order subtotals via reduced service fee for orders over the minimum subtotal. Delivered to your door in an hour or less.
- Members-only promos and unique menu items from the places you love.
- Cancel any time in the app or on the website. There are no additional fees or penalties for cancellation.
DoorDash has expanded its reach over the past few years, now offering much more than simple food deliveries. College students, in particular, will benefit from easy access to groceries or school supplies – thanks to the inclusion of chains such as Walgreens, Safeway and 7-Eleven.
“With the launch of DashPass for Students, we’re excited to change the game for students with a plan that’s designed specifically for them and provides access to everything from late night study snacks and grocery items to school supplies and dorm essentials,” said Kofi Amoo-Gottfried, DoorDash’s chief marketing officer.
DashPass for Students Alternative
DoorDash isn’t the only food delivery service offering big discounts to students. In fact, Grubhub might have an even more enticing option in the form of Grubhub+. This service typically costs $9.99/month, although it’s included free for Prime Student subscribers. The program provides unlimited free deliveries on select orders over $12.
If you’re not a Prime Student, check with your college or university to see if they’re enrolled in Grubhub Campus Dining for similar benefits such as free delivery on select orders, premium support if delivery issues arise and matched charitable donations.