Anyone can save money during Prime Day, but some of us are in it to win it. It’s a marathon, not a race — Amazon’s annual blowout sale is on July 12th (Tuesday) and July 13th (Wednesday). Are you ready to compete in the Super Bowl of deal hunting? Here are tips shared by our own Slickdeals editors and our community of 12 million deal hunters who have been scoring amazing Amazon Prime Day deals for years.
Amazon has provided a wealth of early Prime Day discounts, but don’t get too swept up in the preliminary fun — a little bit of patience and planning goes a long way. Many of these deals for eligible for Prime Members only, but you can start a trial membership and there are details below on this as well.
11 Hacks to Score Credits and Cash Back for Prime Day
- Pay with Amex Membership Reward Points at Amazon, to get 20% Off (Max. Discount of $25, select cardholders) – more details here
- Use your Citi credit card points to shop: Use the ThankYou® Points earned on your Citi® card to reward yourself with a Prime membership and other subscription services at Amazon.com, including Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Video and Kindle Unlimited. Link your account here.
- $50 Amazon eGift Card Purchase earns $12.50 Credit when you apply promo code EGCPRIME22 at checkout
- $20 Off $40+ at Amazon Fresh Locations when you scan the QR code in-store July 12 – 13, 2022. This offer is available in-store only at select Amazon Fresh locations (some cities like D.C. are exempt)
- Up to 25% Off Amazon Warehouse Used & Open Box Items (select items). See all Amazon Warehouse Prime Deals now
- Trade in a device to save even more: Get an Amazon Echo Show 8 (2nd gen) + Blink Mini for only $44 to save over $120 – more deal details here (for select Prime Members)
- $150 Amazon Gift Card you can use today (instantly upon approval of Amazon Store credit card)
- Earn 6% back for Prime Day by using your Amazon Store credit card (requires eligible Prime Membership)
- Count on Amazon’s own brands having really big markdowns – shop over 75 Amazon in-house brands now for Prime Day
- Get Slickdeals Cashback on eligible Prime Day purchases. Thanks to our 1-Click Activate Cashback Rewards
- Get stamps worth $10 in Amazon credit in seconds. Prime members can earn $10 when they complete specific tasks. Each task is a “stamp” and when you collect four stamps, you can earn $10 in Amazon credits. Your $10 credit will appear within 24 hours of completing the tasks. You must be a Prime member to start collecting the stamps. You can sign up for a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime if you’d like to get in on the savings. Complete these four easy tasks by July 13 at 11:59 p.m. EST:
Use Prime Video and stream a show. Head over to Prime Video and start streaming a show. Slick Tip: Look for a show that won’t take too much of your time.
Use Prime Music and listen to a song. Pick a song that is included with Prime on Prime Music and stream it to collect this stamp.
Use Prime Reading to borrow an eBook. Select an eBook title that is included in Prime Reading or Kindle Unlimited. Prime Reading has a big collection of novels, magazines, non-fiction titles and more that you can explore.
Purchase a Prime-eligible item of at least $5. Make a purchase of a Prime-eligible item that is at least $5 or more to complete this task. You can easily meet this requirement by making your normal household purchases such as toiletries or self-care items.
Check your progress on how many stamps you’ve completed here.
More Slickdeals Tips to Score Prime Day Deals Faster and Easier
- Make sure you aren’t missing out on Prime Day freebies and easy Prime credit opportunities. Start by checking out Amazon’s main Prime Day page.
- Strike fast… Deal hunters are notoriously discerning about the “right” time to buy, but don’t let your own high standards prevent your shot at the Prime Day steal of a lifetime.
- … But pace yourself. One word of advice for “buy now, ask questions later” shoppers: Don’t let those flash sale timers get to you no matter how excited you are. Prime Day is a two-day event, after all. Check for FREE returns for Prime Members if you’re uncertain and buy now, return later.
- Don’t overlook older devices and refurbished units. It’s hard to say which Prime Day tech deals are the best, but refurbished devices (especially from Amazon brands) tend to pack the biggest punch in terms of discount percentage and rarity.
Slickdeals is a Prime Day Hack
We emphasize “doing your research” often. As serious as that sounds, it’s hardly a scholarly endeavor — you can learn a lot by browsing our Frontpage or using Slickdeals to search for specific products.
- Use Slickdeals as a research hub. With over 20 years of archived deal discussions at your disposal, Slickdeals has everything you need to feel confident and informed about your Prime Day shopping. Check the Frontpage of Slickdeals often to find the best deals as voted by our own community of 12 million deals hunters and Deal Editors.
- Download the Slickdeals app. What if you could bring the collective intelligence and rigorous research skills of the entire Slickdeals community everywhere you go? Great news: you can, it’s as easy as downloading the Slickdeals app for iOS or Android.
- Get Slickdeals Cashback on eligible Prime Day purchases. Thanks to our 1-Click Activate Cashback Rewards program, stacking up those sweet Prime Day cashback savings is easier than ever. Every Amazon device purchase qualifies for cashback points, which can be redeemed for PayPal credit and gift cards from Amazon and other retailers. If you haven’t activated Slickdeals Cashback Rewards yet, look for the “$” in the Cash Back circle button near the top of the Slickdeals website to activate cashback in just one click.
No Prime Membership? No Problem
There’s a reason why they don’t call it Amazon Day. Non-members can participate in certain activities, but you need an active Amazon Prime membership to fully access Amazon’s exclusive extravaganza deal. Sign up for a free 30-day Amazon Prime trial. If you haven’t been a Prime member for 12 months or longer, you can sign up for a free 30-day Prime trial membership. Keep it if you like it, but remember to cancel the trial within 30 days if you want to avoid next month’s charge.
Great Deals and Bonuses to Check Out from Slickdeals Money:
- New Southwest Credit Card Cardholders: Free Airfare With Major Points Bonus at Sign-Up
- Latest Bank Promotions and Checking Account Bonuses Being Offered This Month