Fans of Amazon can look no further than Amazon Warehouse for discounted prices of between 15% to 50% on high-demand items. It can be tricky navigating through the endless inventory of used items on Amazon Warehouse, but Slickdeals has compiled everything you need to know about Amazon Warehouse and how to find awesome deals before they get snatched up by another shopper.
What is Amazon Warehouse?Amazon Warehouse is a section of Amazon.com that offers sweet discounts on products from pretty much every category you can ask for, such as computers, tablets, pet supplies, kitchen goods, home improvement and outdoor recreation.
These are items that were usually returned with some type of damage, but if you look carefully, you can find popular items that have minimal issues with packaging or minor cosmetic blemishes. If you’re not too picky with those types of problems, you can find great savings without paying the full price on products from your shopping list.
Purchases through Amazon Warehouse qualify for Prime shipping, so you can get your discounted item within just a few days if you are a Prime member.
How Do I Find Amazon Warehouse Products?You can navigate to the Amazon Warehouse page several ways:
- In the product search bar, select the dropdown directly to the left (it will say “All”), and select “Amazon Warehouse” from the dropdown menu. Then, start searching for whatever product or category you want.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the page where the footer is, and you can find a quick link to Amazon Warehouse Deals, where you can browse through the inventory.
- You can also follow this Amazon Warehouse link to start shopping deals
What Is the Return Policy for Amazon Warehouse Items?
If you have second thoughts upon receiving a product you purchased, you can take advantage of Amazon’s 30-day return policy and send it back with little to no hassle.
What Are the Product Conditions on Amazon Warehouse?Amazon conducts an evaluation on all items and grades them through a 20-point quality process on a product’s listing conditions. Then the retailer categorizes those items under “Acceptable,” “Good,” “Very Good,” “Like New” and “Renewed” with detailed comments in order to give customers a good idea of the product’s condition.
- Renewed: Amazon has inspected and tested these items to make sure they work and look like new (think refurbished). They have minimal to no signs of wear or visible cosmetic damages. The packaging may be different from what you expect, but it includes all accessories.
- Used — Like New: Items categorized as “Like New” are in perfect condition, but you can expect minor damage with the original packaging or a different packaging than usual. This is the closest thing you will get to a new product.
- Used — Very Good: Amazon assigns items as “very good” if they have cosmetic damages like scratches or blemishes. These items may also show slight signs of use, missing accessories, or different packaging.
- Used — Good: Products that are labeled as “good” likely have large cosmetic damage and/or missing accessories. There could also be damaged packaging or different packaging.
- Used — Acceptable: These items show significant signs of cosmetic damages and are fairly used, but they still function properly. There could be missing parts, accessories, manuals or assembly tools.
Amazon Warehouse Deals vs. Amazon Outlet Deals
Unlike Amazon Warehouse, Amazon Outlet deals are not items that are returned or considered open-box items. Instead, Amazon Outlet items are marked-down items that are overstocked. Amazon Outlet offers cheap prices on brand-new items, while Amazon Warehouse offers sales on items that have been returned or damaged.
Is It Safe to Shop Through Amazon Warehouse?
Amazon Warehouse is perfectly safe to shop from, but you’ll want to stick to items that are graded above “Good,” so you don’t suddenly receive a product with significant damage. Check out our tips below to ensure you get the best out of your Amazon Warehouse purchase.
Tips on Shopping for Deals on Amazon Warehouse
1. Remember, it’s first-come, first serve
When you’re perusing through the Warehouse, you might find the best deal you’ve ever seen for an item on your wish list. If you’ve done your research and you’re ready to purchase, remember to act quickly because it’s likely a limited supply especially at that price.
2. Double-check that the item is labeled “Fulfilled by Amazon”
Amazon Warehouse is a legitimate place to get amazing deals, but make sure your purchases are noted as “Fulfilled by Amazon” right underneath the price and shipping section. This will help you avoid any possible counterfeit products from third-party sellers.
3. International shoppers, beware
Amazon Warehouse doesn’t ship to international addresses, so if you’re outside of America, you’ll have to stick to the main site for your shopping needs.
4. Look out for 20% discounts around Black Friday, Prime Day and Earth Day
Keep an eye out for “Save 20% at checkout” in green right underneath the product name around Prime Day in July, Earth Day in April or Black Friday in November to get even better savings.
5. Longer return policies for renewed items
If you buy an item that is categorized as “renewed,” you have 90 days total to return it back to Amazon, as opposed to the usual 30 days. You can do so by calling (800) 362-5703 and speaking to an Amazon representative, or by clicking “Get Product Support” under “My Orders.”
6. No manufacturer’s warranty
Items that are sold through Amazon Warehouse do not come with a manufacturer’s warranty, but you can still use the standard 30-day return policy if you’re unsatisfied.
7. Set up a Deal Alert
Never miss a deal again when you set a Deal Alert. You can narrow it down to the item, brand and other keywords for the product. We notify you when your item goes on sale.