If you have been wondering “When is Amazon Prime Day going to happen for 2022?” — mark your calendars for late July 12 and 13 (and bookmark the Slickdeals Frontpage for all the best deals) to take advantage of this two-day sale to get the best deals and lowest prices of the year on Amazon brands and products and much more.
While in 2020, Amazon pushed back its huge annual Prime Day sale all the way to October due to the pandemic, the sale returned on June 21 and June 22 in 2021, but for 2022, the huge event will be held in July again.
Like you, we are looking forward to Prime Day 2022 coming back in full force this year since it is The Sale of all sales, often featuring better prices in July than any Black Friday sales that happen later in the year.
The confirmed 2022 Prime Day dates are great news for all Amazon Prime members wanting to take advantage of Amazon Prime deals to grab the lowest Amazon prices of the year on everything from Fitbits to robot vacuums and especially deals on Amazon brands as well as low prices on Apple products.
Ahead are the new details on when Amazon Prime Day will be in 2022 (and when they ran in the past), how long Amazon Prime Day will run, and what we expect to be the best Prime Day deals to look out for. Plus, learn how you can get a notification sent right to your phone or email on the best Prime Day deals as soon as they go live.
Top Deals to Shop for During Amazon Prime Day 2022
Some of the best deals on Prime Day will be on Amazon’s extensive line of brands and companies you may not have even known they owned. Make sure to look through the current list of over 75 Amazon brands to see if there are items you really want to save on – from mattresses to clothes to personal care lines. Also, Prime Day is a good time to look for Apple product deals, such as Apple watches and deals on past series.
Based on past Prime Day sales, these are some of the top items you can expect to find great deals this July 12 and July 13 on Amazon:
- Amazon-owned brands and tech
- Apple products, like Apple watches
- Amazon Prime video streaming partners and deals on streaming content
- TVs with extra-large screens (think 50″, 60″ and larger!)
- Smart speakers for the house (especially ones that feature Alexa)
- Camera doorbells and alarm systems
- Wi-Fi routers, range extenders, and smart-home hubs
- Tons of tablets, for kids and adults
- Fitness trackers and bands to track your exercise, and even how you move and sleep, and that can connect to hundreds of workouts, sleep and nutrition programs and apps
When is Amazon Prime Day 2022 and How Did It Start?
- 2022 Prime Day: July 12 and 13
- 2021 Prime Day: June 21 and 22
- 2020 Prime Day: October 12 and October 13
- 2019 Prime Day: July 15
- 2018 Prime Day: July 16
Amazon often launches the sale on a Monday but the new 2022 Prime Day sale will start on a Tuesday (July 12), giving you plenty of time to start placing items in your basket before the sale even begins to you can make sure you can grab the items you want most at the lowest prices..
4 Prime Day Shopping Hacks to Get What You Really Want in 2022
- Make Your List Early: Prime Day is a great time to stock up on gifts on a budget. Make a list of upcoming birthdays and holiday wish lists so you know which deals to focus on. Set Deal Alerts for items on your shopping list, so you’ll know when to snag the best discounts during the sale. Deal Alerts can be set for specific items — i.e., a Blink Mini Indoor Security Camera, or you can set an alert to receive discount news on general categories, like kids’ toys.
- Add most-wanted items to your Amazon basket NOW: In order to make sure you get the best deals before they sell out, place items in your basket before July 12 and you’ll be able to see even more quickly if the price drops. If you like the low price on Prime Day 2022, you can hot hit “buy” faster than anyone else who may be considering the same item or items.
- Study Past Prime Day Sales: Want to know a secret? Prime Day sales follow similar patterns each year. You won’t find the exact same deals as last year, but by researching previous Prime Day deals, you can get some insight as to what to expect this year.
- Use the Slickdeals Frontpage on Prime Day to Quickly Find Top Deals: Prime Day is one of the most active days for our deal-hunting community to post deals. Since only the very best of the top deals are then promoted to the Frontpage by our own in-house Deal Editors, make sure to check it daily or as often as you can online or on the Slickdeals app if you are on the go.
What happens on Amazon Prime Day?
In past years, Amazon launched over one million deals and even headlined the event with a streamed Prime Day concert. Prime members worldwide bought 175 million items and the past years’ online sale numbers from the event surpassed Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.
What is Prime Day?
What started out as a one-day event of constant sales and discounts on tech, home goods, toys, and more in 2015 has now evolved into a two-day sale event. Virtually every shopping category will have deals on select products. Amazon could end up offering record low prices on items such as Echo speakers, Ring security systems, and even clothing and style items (since Amazon owns many prestige and in-house fashion and beauty brands now).
Many of Prime Day discounts are in the form of lightning deals, which not only have a timer but also a limited number of deals. Good deals are snatched up within seconds, but signing up for the waiting list often can lead you to score the deal. Other deals, usually on Amazon’s own tech, are up for the whole day or the full two-day event. Because Prime Day is such a hot sale event, many competitors — Target, Best Buy, Walmart and eBay — jump in on the fun and offer sitewide discounts too, and Slickdeals will also be reporting on all of those sales which are in response to the Amazon Prime Day deals and prices.
Do I have to be an Amazon Prime Member to take advantage of Amazon Prime Days deals?
The short answer: yes. There aren’t generally any deals for non-Prime members, so yes, you need to be an Amazon Prime member to take advantage of any savings and Prime Day sales. Make sure to purchase an Amazon Prime subscription or sign up for a free trial to take advantage of the savings before the event starts.
What are the best deals on Amazon Prime Day?
Typically, the best deals on Prime Day are Amazon-owned tech. It is easy to snag a great deal on Echos, Fire Tablets and Kindles. Deals on Instant Pots and Ring security systems are also easy to come by. Here were the most popular Amazon Prime Day Deals and items sold in past Prime Day sales:
- Echo Dot was the most popular item purchased worldwide on sale during Prime Day 2020.
- People scored great deals Alexa built-in devices on Prime Day with the Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) Wireless Headphones and the Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch as the top items purchased.
- Buyers picked up Fire TV Edition Smart TVs from brands including Toshiba and Insignia in record-breaking numbers with low prices in 2020.
How to Find the Best Amazon Prime Day Deals Fast
As always, Slickdeals is your one-stop destination, and we will have all of Prime Day 2022 best deals and details all in one place once this huge sale for Amazon Prime Members does launch so that you don’t miss a thing. With over 14 million in our deal-hunting community, we can source and find some of the best Prime Day deals quickly and bring them to you in one place.
One way to stay on top of all the best Prime Day deals and find a great price on the items you are looking for is to set up a Deal Alert on Slickdeals. For more information on how to set up a deal alert — whether you’re looking for an Oral-B electric toothbrush or anything related to Amazon Prime Day news, our helpful video “How to Set a Deal Alert” below can help you prepare now to take advantage of Amazon Prime Day 2022, or get alerts sent right to your phone or email when all the things you want or need go on sale. You can also read about using Slickdeals alerts and how they can take the time-consuming part out of deal hunting to make you a Deal Pro before Amazon Prime Day starts.